The Hathershaw College

The Hathershaw College - Academy Trust

VLEEmailParentPayTwitter
Life at The Hathershaw College Life at The Hathershaw College Life at The Hathershaw College Life at The Hathershaw College Life at The Hathershaw College Life at The Hathershaw College Life at The Hathershaw College Life at The Hathershaw College Life at The Hathershaw College Life at The Hathershaw College Life at The Hathershaw College Life at The Hathershaw College Life at The Hathershaw College Life at The Hathershaw College

Photography (GCSE)

 

Year 9

What will pupils study this year?

2 Year Delivery Model (Y9 & 10)

Students study a range of techniques on how to take a good photograph but also how to edit and present to GCSE Level. There are mandatory Photography trips throughout the year to hit criteria.

 

 

 Autumn Term

 Basic Edits  

 Students learn how to crop to create a range of photographs that explore composition. Students create a range of responses to the words Pattern and Distort.

 Spring Term

 I am the View Finder

 Examples of presentation mediums used will include movie maker, PowerPoint presentations and Photoshop. Students will again have the opportunity to investigate and explore other artists.

 Summer Term

 Building a Portfolio 

 Students continue to refine and improve skills by creating a wide range of photography responses. Students will again have the opportunity to investigate and explore other artists.

 Students will continually revisit, refine larger work to increase their grade.Students will learn the meaning of composition, shot length, other key words for Photography.

 

Year 11

What will pupils study this year?

1 Year Delivery Model 

60% of the marks in this course are available through controlled assessment.  Students explore and create responses based on either the word ‘Identity’ or ‘A Sense of Place’.  The remaining 40% of the marks are available from the set task unit (exam unit). This is a similar process but based on words that a released in January.

 

 

 Autumn Term

 Portfolio Unit - Controlled Assessment (Coursework Unit) 

 Students are given the choice between ‘Identity’ or ‘A Sense of Place’ as a theme to explore. 

 Students are expected to photograph their own images. Students create a wide range of experimental photos. They will investigate this through Photoshop and camera techniques. Students have the opportunity to investigate and explore other artists. 

 There is a range of school organised trips in order for students to reach their full potential. They will create an original piece that combines their skill, their idea and influence from their chosen artist.

 Spring Term

 Externally Set Task - Controlled Assessment (Exam Unit) 

 Similar to the coursework unit – students will create a wide range of photography art responses. The choices of titles are not sent to school until January. Students will have to go on a school organised photography trip in order to achieve their full potential. Students will again have the opportunity to investigate and explore other artists.

 Summer Term

 Externally Set Task -Controlled Assessment (Exam Unit Continued) 

 Students continue to refine and improve skills by creating a wide range of art responses.