How can you grow our children's Cultural Capital?
What is Cultural Capital?
Cultural capital is defined as the accumulation of knowledge, behaviours, and skills that a student can draw upon and which demonstrates their cultural awareness, knowledge and competence; it is one of the key ingredients a student will draw upon to be successful in society, their career and the world of work.
We are determined to develop our students’ aspirations and expose them to a range of experiences to help them achieve goals and become successful. Through our curriculum and extra-curricular activities, we are able to provide a rich diet of opportunities for our students to take part in.
The students use their Oldham Pledge passport to record any opportunities they take advantage of which helps them to build an excellent CV and grow their cultural capital.
In this section of the website we would like to highlight some of the opportunities which you may wish to take advantage of and visit with your children at weekends or during the school holidays.
What do we offer in school?
- Geography trip to Llandudno
- History trip to York
- Oxford University residential
- Bolton University Trip
- Young Enterprise Trip to the Christmas Markets
- Old Trafford Visit
- D of E Bronze Practice Expedition
- Student council trip to Parliament
- History France/Belgium Trip
- Manchester Medical Careers Day at Connell Sixth Form College
- Photography trip to Manchester
- Musical Theatre trips
Local places of interest