Don't let the stress of exams get to you. Be prepared for them!
- Know when and where your exams take place (see the exam noticeboard on the main corridor)
- Take what you need into the exams
- Listen to the instructions given by the staff
- Follow the rules of the exam board
- Just remember to stay calm and do the best you can!
- You can use our Top Revision Tips page to help you with your exams.
- Stay in control using the top tips from GCSEPod on ‘How to deal with exam stress’
- Have a look at the advice from other students in the ‘Tips from fellow students’ leaflet
Rules & Regulations
Information for candidates for written examinations and on-screen exams can be found in these documents. They list the rules for the exams; what you can and can’t bring in to an exam, what to do if you’re feeling poorly during an exam etc.:
The following documents tell you about some things that you must and must not do when you are completing your Non-Examination Assessments and Coursework. They mention good practice in preparing your work, research and using references, plagiarism and penalties for breaking the rules:
This document details the information about you the awarding bodies need to collect and how the exam boards use it:
This leaflet contains information for candidates when using social media during examinations/ assessments. It has been written to help you stay within examination regulations and makes you aware of what might constitute malpractice and the penalties that awarding bodies may apply:
This comprehensive document details valuable advice for examinations held at Hathershaw College. You should read this document carefully prior to your exams:
The Hathershaw College Examinations policy:
If you need any more information, please speak to Mrs Gordon -email email@example.com